We are glad to announce that BE-CHILD Kick-off meeting will take place on the 8 and 9 of January in Prague. .
We are glad to announce that BE-CHILD Kick-off meeting
will take place on the 8 and 9 of January in Prague.
Build a more inclusive society supporting ECEC educators for the
development of socio emotional competences in pre-school children
Dec. 2019 – May 2022 | Erasmus+ | KA2 | Strategic Partnership | Project n. 2019-1-IS01-KA201-051137
BE-CHILD scope is boosting quality of ECEC educators’ professional profile for a successful development of socio emotional competences for pre-school children to help them fostering awareness in relation to equality and diversity, handling a good transition from different levels and types of education and training and to better seize the professional opportunities and choose their own path in the labor market since an early age.
For this purpose, the project provides early childhood teachers/educators with the necessary teaching and learning tools and tools (educational toolkit) to support them in developing socio emotional competences (self-esteem, self-confidence, emotions management, empathy, concentration, resilience, communication, creativity, team working, negotiation and resolution of conflict) from the very early childhood (age 0-6) as a precondition for ensuring that the benefits of early childhood education are carried through the benefits of early childhood education. other school education levels.
The project’s objectives are:
- Provide socio emotional competences for early childhood education and care with high quality instruments and tools to support children in acquiring the appropriate socio emotional competences they might lack for:
- expressing their individual talents and interests that will be developed in later stages of education;
- creating a more effective relationship with class-mates from disadvantaged backgrounds, and dealing with cultural and linguistic diversity;
- properly access further levels of education and training (transition from pre-primary to primary education)
- learning how to organize the environment in order to enable voluntary decisions and autonomy that, in a Montessori education, can promote concentration, self-esteem and resilience.
For more information about the development of the project keep watching this space!
january 8 (Wednesday) - 9 (Thursday)