We are glad to announce that STE(A)M4SEN Transnational meeting will take place in Larissa on the 18th and 19th of May. .
We are glad to announce that STE(A)M4SEN Transnational meeting will take place in Larissa on the 18th and 19th of May.
Inclusive and innovative STE(A)M education for students
with special education needs
Sept. 2019- Feb. 2022 | Erasmus+ | KA2 | Strategic Partnership | Project n. 2019-1-PT01-KA201-060762
The STEAM4SEN project aims to enhance schools’ capacity to provide inclusive and efficient STEAM education to students with special educational needs (SEN)
in order to enrich their learning experience and employability opportunities
in the Industry 5.0 world.
For this purpose, the project aims to strengthening the professional development of educators by integrating high quality and innovative teaching approaches,
providing teachers with an educational toolkit and guidelines that encompasses specific aspects regarding the practical application of STEAM subjects (with particular focus on robotics).
Furthermore the project will focus on enabling teachers to teach STEAM
both from the technological perspective and from the social, cultural and emotional point of view, encouraging inclusive education with the objective of reducing disparities in access to, and engagement with, digital technologies.
- Implement a 360 degrees approach in adopting innovative technologies and pedagogies in school education;
- Enable teachers to approach STEAM subjects from the technological perspective and from the social, cultural and emotional point of view;
- Allow possible application in different educational and non-educational contexts to be involved in a ‘hands-on’ learning activity to be trained on practical utilization of the different tools;
- Ensure inclusive learning environments in schools that facilitate STEAM education of students with SEN.
- Educational Toolkit: This Kit will include practical learning tools (to be used online and/or in classroom) that teachers can use for teaching STEAM subjects to students with SEN in a more attractive manner.
Moreover, the Educational Kit will be supported by specific and practical guidelines in order to better explain their application and to support teachers in actual implementation of the tools.
2 days of mobility in Malta for teachers from LT, IT, MT, PT, BG, EL to be trained on the application of the Educational Toolkit in class.
- STEAM for Robotics Laboratory: teachers who took part in the learning activity will organize local laboratories involving students with and without SEN for applying STEAM to robotics, using the educational kit.
At the end of these laboratories each group of students will prepare a prototype that will be presented through a short video, to be included in the Educational Toolkit as well;
- Guidance and recommendations: definition of specific guidelines and recommendations for school managers and a Manifesto for policy makers for ensuring inclusive learning environments in schools that facilitate STEAM education of students with SEN.
may 18 (Monday) - 19 (Tuesday)