Green Innovation in the Fashion industry management
Feb. 2022 – Feb. 2024 | Erasmus+ | KA2 | Partenariato Strategico | Project n. 2021-1-IT01-KA220-VET-000033298
The European Parliament stated in January 2019 that clothing accounts for between 2% and 10% of the environmental impact of EU consumption. Approximately 110 Million Tons of fibers have been consumed just in 2020.
The impact of the clothes is harmful in both producing and consuming phases.
In response to the environmental crisis, at the end of 2019, the European Commission has presented The European Green Deal: the main new growth strategy to transition the EU economy to a sustainable economic model by 2050. Along with the institutional efforts, in the last few years, a more sustainable way of production and consume is trending.
Consumers, especially generation-Z, are more eco-aware and willing to pay for eco-friendly products. Known as Industry 4.0, this brand-new era of industrial revolution, where also textile and apparel companies are adopting and integrating advanced technologies, wants to achieve sustainability and a competitive edge.
In this scenario, the project GIF (Green Innovation in the Fashion industry management) strives for facing – from an educational point of view – the issues related to the increase of Co2 emission all over the world, especially in eastern Europe. The overall aim of the project is to raise awareness about the change EU aspires to make through the adoption of the European Green New Deal Directive and involve in the transformation process managers/workers of SME’s Fashion Industry.
Considering the remarkable role played by small and medium enterprises in the EU economic growth, it’s important to provide knowledge and competences to workers and owners of the sector to encourage them produce new goods more environmentally friendly, cheaper and respectful of the limitations that EU Green New Deal proposed. Therefore, within the scope of the project, the partners intend to design and develop e-learning courses and a training kit to deliver the learners new approaches and ideas to a “greener” textile sector.
- to support the European Green Deal implementation, focusing on the fashion industry sector;
- to raise awareness about the environmental impact of the fashion industry;
- to deliver new strategies and eco-friendly approaches;
- to provide competences and knowledge to encourage learners change behaviors and professional practices;
- to train managers/workers of SME’s Fashion Industry on sustainable ways of production;
- to contribute to the innovation of VET sector, supporting the establishment of a knowledge triangle among researchers from HEIs, VET providers and industries in the fashion/textile field;
- to impact on young people and students of different levels, allowing other educational agencies to adopt the Competence Framework designed within the scope of the project.
UNIVERSITÀ TELEMATICA INTERNAZIONALE – UNINETTUNO
Asociatia Centrul National pentru Productie si Consum Durabile – RO
Associazione Effebi – IT
Europartners Srl – IT
DIMITRA EDUCATION & CONSULTING SA – EL
FACHHOCHSCHULE DES MITTELSTANDES (FHM) GMBH – UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCE – DE
FUNDACIÓ PRIVADA INSTITUT D’ESTUDIS FINANCERS – ES