STEAM Education for plastic-free primary schools
Nov. 2020 – Apr. 2023 | Erasmus+ | KA2 | Strategic Partnership | Project n. 2020-1-NL01-KA201-0645081
The project is aimed at educating pupils from primary schools and their teachers in responsibly using, consuming and recycling plastic items. The project will inform them about the environmental impact of plastics and how to develop didactical activities for reducing the use of single-use plastics.
Moreover, the project will promote good practices for reducing waste disposal in general in order to promote a good plastics management system for primary schools.
- To raise awareness among schools about the environmental impact of plastics;
- To develop didactical activities for promoting good plastics management systems and practices for primary schools, especially targeting the reduction of single-use plastics items;
- To provide pupils from a young age with the necessary skills to challenge existing production/consumption models, to improve them and to build new ones.
- Plastic footprint for schools: Development of a plastic footprint to be used by schools in order to gather data on their plastic behaviour. Furthermore, the footprint will also investigate on the waste disposal and recycle attitudes of schools.
- ‘Plastic-free schools’ Recommendations and contest: Identification of main challenges related to plastic collection and waste in schools and development of a set of guidelines at management and staff level in order to implement sustainable practices from a top-down approach. Furthermore, recommendations will be developed also for students in order to support teachers and students to effectively become virtuous plastics-manager schools (bottom-up approach). In this regard, the involved schools will be part of a contest. At the end of the competition, the best STEAM solution for tackling plastic will be awarded.
- STEAM Box and Labs: Development of a set of tools and activities that teachers will use to educate students to adopt more sustainable awareness approach in consuming plastic and in disposing waste, in order to become little heroes of changes, in and outside of the schools.
Agora Roermond secndary school – NL
EFFEBI Association – IT
Asociatia Centrul National Pentru Productie si Consum Durable – RO
Scoala Gimnaziala nr.10 – RO
Mediterranean Information Office for Environment, Culture and Sustainable Development Association – EL
Eurodimension – MT
Stichting Nationaal Centrum Voor Wetenschaps – En Technologiecommunicatie – NL
Private school Themistoklis S.A. – EL